Well, at least according to Hillary, political life is tough after being in office. She had to get used to not being treated like a queen. After all, she and Bill only get multiple 6-figures per speaking engagement. You realize, of course, that of that money goes to a charity, the Clinton Foundation operated by Chelsea.
Now…just in case you aren’t feeling sorry for them yet, here’s just a few other requirements you need to cover if you want Hillary to speak at your event:
- Round-trip transportation on a Gulfstream 450 or larger privately chartered jet, plus round-trip business class travel for two advance staffers who will arrive up to three days in advance
- Hotel accommodations picked by Hillary’s staff, presidential suites only, including 3 adjoining rooms for her traveling aides and up to 2 additional rooms for the advanced staff
- $500 travel stipend for Hillary’s lead travel aide for incidentals
- Meals and incidentals for Hillary, her travel aides, advance staff, as well as all telephone charges
- Final approval of all moderators or introducers
And for all of this you get:
- Hillary’s insistence on control of all details and logistics at the event
- Hillary being the only person on the stage
- Only 90 minutes of her time at the event
- A maximum of 50 photos, with a maximum of 100 people
- No press coverage, or audio- or video-recordings
Oh…and let’s not forget their retirement, office staff, security details, expenses for the rest of their lives because of the lofty positions they reached.
Now, I know you’re really feeling sorry for the Clintons. I mean, they really can relate to the average person in America, who makes $44,000 per year.
Political life is tough! Right?